Shipping & Returns
Shipping Carriers / Options
The appropriate carrier will be selected for the order, using the following carriers:
- R+L Carriers
- 2-Day Shipping (includes only normal business days, not including holidays and weekends)
- 1-Day Shipping (includes only normal business days, not including holidays and weekends)
Additional cost and delivery time will be required for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii.
Typical Handling Time
Every effort will be made to ship out orders as quickly as possible. We are able to ship most orders within 1 business day of the order being approved. Expedited orders placed before 2pm Eastern should ship the first business day of the order. Expedited orders placed after 2pm Eastern will ship the next business day.
The shipping method and tracking number will be included on the sales receipts that are emailed to customers. This typically happens overnight. Please allow 24-48 hours for tracking numbers that do not appear within the shipping company’s system before contacting us. The carrier must scan the package into their system for the tracking to appear. This does not always happen the same day that the carrier accepts the package.
If your order came via a ground service (FedEx Ground or Home Delivery), you will need to contact our Customer Support Department and open a Customer Support Case. Our Customer Support Team will assist you with this, but will require pictures of what you received and packaging. We will handle the filing of the damage claim with the shipping company.
Truck Freight (LTL) shipments have additional requirements beyond a normal package delivery service like UPS and FedEx (Ground Services)
- Truck shipments require a PHONE NUMBER, and you will be called in advance by the freight company if your order is shipped to a residential address, and will always delay delivery by at least one extra day. You will not be called in advance if you have a commercial address.
- Truck shipments require a DELIVERY SIGNATURE, and there is no option of delivery without a signature. The Delivery Signature releases shipping company and shipper of liability, you must inspect your item for damage prior to signing.You will also be required to inspect your order for damage and sign for the condition and receipt of the delivery. If your order is damaged, you must note the damage on the Delivery Receipt which is a legal document that indicates you are taking delivery of a non-damaged order, and as such releasing the freight company and shipper of any liability. If you had the shipment sent to an alternate address, you are entrusting a person at that address with your liability.
- If a semi-truck cannot physically deliver to your address, then you may be required to choose an alternate, more accessible address, or pick the shipment up at the freight company terminal.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNLOADING. The semi driver is responsible only to get the item to the back of the truck. Some drivers may help you unload, but they are not required to do so. If the freight company must arrange for extra services, such as inside delivery, then you will be responsible for these extra charges.
- Rescheduling delivery time or changing a delivery address after the order ships will result in additional fees.
Truck Freight shipments can take longer than ground services to deliver. The typical time frame for Truck Freight shipments is usually 3-7 Business Days (M-F).
BOL and Delivery Receipt
Truck Freight Shipments require a Bill of Lading (BOL), a legal document, which contains the Delivery Receipt. The Delivery Receipt is a legal document that indicates you are taking delivery of a non-damaged order, and as such releasing the freight company and shipper of any liability. Any damage to the order must be noted on the Delivery Receipt.
If a shipment via Truck Freight is damaged during shipment, the damage must be noted on the Delivery Receipt section of the Bill of Lading. This means that the recipient of the shipment must inspect the package for damage while the delivery driver is present. Any damage not noted on the Delivery Receipt cannot be covered. If a shipment appears to be damaged beyond repair, the recipient may deny the delivery, and the shipment will be returned to the shipper. Once the denial of delivery or damage is noted on the Delivery Receipt, we will need to be notified of the situation, and the damage process can begin.
The following item are needed for the Damage Process:
- Order Information
- Photos of Damage
- Delivery Receipt with noted damage
Our Return Policy allows for returns of any reason for 14 days from the date of order.
- Electrical and Special Order (Drop-Ship) items are not eligible for return.
- Engines that have had fuel or oil added to them are not eligible for return.
- You must contact the Customer Support Department to obtain a Return Authorization number for your return.
- Return Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. This responsibility also includes condition of the item and any damage in return shipping. You will need to package the item sufficiently to prevent damage.
- Once we receive back the return, it will be inspected. Any damages or condition issues will be indexed and value deducted from return amount. Value of return will be applied to either exchange or refund.
- In accordance with federal law, refunds will be issued to the original method of payment. We will refund the due amount to the same credit card or PayPal account that was used to purchase the item. If the original payment method is no longer valid (lost card), we may issue the refund via company check and mail it to the "bill to" address on file. There may be a significant delay in processing time for refund checks.